Graphing pitch and volume
Direction = pitch, radius= volume
with only dots at the end of the line
colour determined by volume (measured a little later again)
x = pitch, y=volume
- No code is given here, create these graphs
- Make other graphs
- A third variable to graph is number of occurrences of a pitch/volume pair
- Can you get useful information from these graphs? Can you tell speech from music, TV program from advertisment?
- The pitch block only shows the pitch of the loudest component. This is derived from a FFT (Fast Fourier Transform). Can you program a Python block to show all the spectral components and their amplitude? (Look at the source to see how the FFT is done)
- With more than one laptop you can log more data. Can you combine data from multiple laptops and graph it? How will you synchronize the data?