Teaching physics with Unreal Tournament
See Colin B. Price - A Crisis in Physics Education : Games to the Rescue!
They have modded Unreal Tournament to make interactive virtual worlds for:
1. Gravity and Collisions
2. Activation Energy
3. Conservation of Momentum
4. Pendulae and Newton’s Cradle
5. Oscillations: Simple Harmonic, Diatomic Molecules, Normal Modes
6. Wave propagation and Solitons
7. Potential Hills
8. Central Pattern Generators in Biological Systems
9. Waves: Propagation, Diffraction and Interference.
My humble efforts with Game Maker can be found at http://www.freewebs.com/schoolgamemaker/#lobject